Delirium Country
"Sometimes I forget what I was going to say. Sometimes I remember things everyone else has forgotten for ever and always."
--Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman

am currently [my current mood]   |   the 'net is currently [current mood of the 'net]

Thursday, July 18, 2002
Posted 02:23 by Del C


on my lunch break yesterday i went to the mini-mall type place near where i work, and there had a Norah Jones moment. i heard "Don't Know Why" playing, straightaway i followed the sound and dashed up the escalator to the music store where it was coming from. i then asked the saleslady if it was the radio playing the song and she said it was a cd, so i asked to see it, hoping it was Come Away with Me. unfortunately it was one of those sampler cds that they don't actually sell, they just play them to lure in ppl like me {sigh} so at lunch i had a chocolate sundae to console myself. and i'm posting the lyrics here too, like Annabella does on her blog :)
"Don't Know Why"

I waited 'til I saw the sun
I don't know why I didn't come
I left you by the house of fun
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come

When I saw the break of day
I wished that I could fly away
Instead of kneeling in the sand
Catching teardrops in my hand

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind
Forever

Out across the endless sea
I would die in ecstasy
But I'll be a bag of bones
Driving down the road alone

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind
Forever

Something has to make you run
I don't know why I didn't come
I feel as empty as a drum
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come



Home