Delirium Country
"Sometimes I forget what I was going to say. Sometimes I remember things everyone else has forgotten for ever and always."
--Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman

am currently [my current mood]   |   the 'net is currently [current mood of the 'net]

Friday, May 17, 2002
Posted 01:52 by Del C


update for Lucy on the Viktor/Fleur-Jake/Lucy fabfic...i mean, fanfic. my finger slipped there {g}
i am blocked. urg. any1 know some good unblocking spells? i mean, i've got all these lil ideas about them and all, but i don't know how i'm s'posed to throw them all together and make them remotely coherent. i think i'm good at thinking of titles and stuff, but quite bad with the actual writing. anyway i am very pleased with the title for this one, it's to be called Lucent Dusk -- i loved that phrase from the moment i saw it in "The Bronze Horseman" by Alexander Pushkin.
i think i'll post my favorite Pushkin poem later.

right. it's now later and this is the poem of which i spoke:

I loved you -- and my love, I think, was stronger
Than to be quite extinct within me yet;
But let it not distress you any longer;
I would not have you feel the least regret.
I loved you bare of hope and of expression,
By turns with jealousy and shyness sore;
I loved you with such purity, such passion
As may God grant you to be loved once more.
--"Untitled"



i read this translation in National Geographic, i think it's by Walter Arndt although i'm not 100% sure.

Home